Welcome Information: Assumption Cross Country
Welcome to Assumption Cross Country. Our program takes an active approach to informing our girls on running-related health issues.
We ask each girl on the team, and at least one of her parents, to either view or read the resources below.
Articles about nutrition and caloric input
- "Information for runners on the Female Athlete Triad" (Emily Brown article): Article link
- "Eat up! Girls require steady fuel to thrive" (Marc Bloom article): Article link
- "Gain 5 Pounds, Run Better: Weight management for high school runners" (Jennifer Hughes article): Article link
- "Sports and Nutrition - Fueling Your Performance" (Article from the Center for Young Women's Health): Article link
Articles about Iron Deficiency
- "Iron Depletion: What you and your Doctor need to know" (Jess Hess article from the Track & Field News website): Article link
- "Marc Bloom's Peak Performance: Tired Blood" (Marc Bloom article from Runnerspace.com): Article link
Articles about the role of Vitamin D with Running Performance
- "Vitamin D and Running Performance" (Article by Emily Brown from Runnersconnect.net): Article link
- "The Importance of Vitamin D to Running Performance" (Article by Dr Philo Saunders from WomensRunning.com.au): Article link